Sunday, August 24, 2008
New Calling
As most of you know, I was released from being Nursery Leader at church about 2 weeks ago. Perfect timing. Getting on the floor and up was not so easy anymore, although I really did enjoy it. Today they called me to be the "birthday/fellowship specialist." Very creative, don't you agree? I'm really excited about it, actually, and think it's a good idea. It's one less thing for the Relief Society presidency to do, and it'll give me something to do and feel responsible for so I feel like a contributing member of the ward, without having too much to do. Then when I feel up to it I can 'magnify' the fellowship part. So, ya! (and now I also don't worry that they're going to put me in primary or something for a while ;)) And I do looove birthdays !!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thats a new one! I didn't know you were released from nursery. How is Easton handling it?
In our ward they just called FOUR RS greeters . . . only in UT.
Easton's doing ok. The first week he did great, didn't notice I left. This last week I left him crying big alligator tears for me. They said he was kind of sad the whole time but stopped crying and stayed. When I picked him up he told me over and over how they said mama was going to come back and here she is! I'm glad he's at an age that he remembers. Next week should be easier.
4 greeters?? Hmmm...let's hope they rotate weeks!
awesome calling, you will be great at that!!
UT callings crack me up. Sounds fun though. At least nobody will get there birthday forgotten :)
We could use a greeter here in RS. I can sit alone for a whole year in RS here. Now they called me to Primary. At least kids are friendly :)
Post a Comment