
Today I took Easton to the allergist for re-testing. After the skin testing it was obvious he's still allergic to milk and peanuts, and get this, they added beef to the list. Beef! Who has an allergy to beef? Not to worry, he can still have a hamburger. The Dr said that it seems mild, and especially since he's been eating it fine, we should just make sure that whatever beef he eats is well cooked. No prime rib for Easton. I think he'll survive. I guess it makes sense, though. I mean, milk and beef both come from cows, and it's the protein in the milk his body doesn't tolerate, and beef is protein, so I guess it's not so weird.
After we get the blood results back next week we'll know how severe the allergies are and the likelihood of him outgrowing them. (when he was tested 2 years ago they didn't get enough blood and the results were inconclusive) Until then, though, things are the same and not too bad. He doesn't know any different.
The dr. recommended that after the baby's born that I go on Easton's 'diet' while I'm nursing. Just to make sure and then we can slowly introduce milk and stuff and see what happens. I did it with Easton and shoot, I cook that way now for the most part anyway. Just no more milkshakes. Seeing how I'll have my work cut out for me with losing this lovely 'baby' weight anyway, it can only do me good. ;)
6 comments:
Weird. I'm glad he's doing great though.
That's crazy. I have never heard of anyone being allergic to beef.
oh man, I thought he had outgrown it. You must be so used to that diet that you have his allergy breakout under control.
Maybe I can fake an allergy so I can lose weight. Allergies to candy? Cookies? Ice cream? Italian food? Mexican food? Indian food? I think I might rather be fat... I'll have to think on that one.
haha Tara, I've thought that too.I thought it would help when i went off milk and peanuts while nursing Easton. It didn't. Bummer.
you may be interested in a great chiropractor in AFork who treats allergies. email me and i'll give you info. he helped tons with my allergies when i lived there and has been treating my nephew's nut allergies too.
Post a Comment