Tuesday, September 23, 2008

38 Weeks

The end truly is near. I am now at 2 cm and 80% effaced. Right direction! I still think I'll make it until the 3rd, though. (my induction date) Although today I wasn't so sure. I totally thought that my water broke! Due to baby lodging his foot into my ribs I slept little last night (it's still up there, btw) and so was extra tired today. So when I layed Easton down for a nap I did the same. About 15 minutes later I hear Easton up so I get up to put him back in bed and realize that I am soaked. My whole bottom, pants, the bed. I kinda freaked out. Wouldn't you? But I thought it was weird b/c I didn't notice anything (I was just dozing off) or feel anything besides wet. I came to figure out that Easton was playing on our bed earlier and picked up the cup of water I had next to the bed last night and managed to spill it all on the bed, right where I sat. Perfect placement kid. I had to smile at the situation, and then we both got our nap in.
I'm still trying to remember to take a picture of my super sized self for ya. It'll be a good one. I catch a glimpse of my profile every once in a while and it shocks me. And Dave'll sometimes just look at me and say 'wow.' I admire all you women who have done this, and multiple times. It's so hard and painful. Oh but I can't wait to see our little man. None of my clothes fit anymore, and my shirts are all too short, but my 2 bottoms and 2 tops will have to get me through till next week.
I've pretty much thrown my to do list out the window and am just trying to stay afloat with daily activites. I've decided to finally let the house cleaning go, though. No more sweeping, mopping, tub cleaning, or anything that is too much work or requires too much bending. Dave gets to pick up the slack now. Luckily he agrees that it's about time I gave up on it all. SO to anyone that comes by my house in the near future and notices the filth you know why and know that I don't care. Ah, liberation. Dave actually gave me permission to get a cleaning crew in here to help, but I am too cheap. We are getting our carpets cleaned tomorrow, though. Ya! That's enough for me, for now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I was in Utah I'd come clean your house for you but I admire your attitude of "who cares"! Lay around on the couch, take naps, eat and watch lots of tv - live it up while you still can!

Cherish said...

I am surprised you have kept up the cleaning this long. way to go. clean carpets will be nice. My mom will help you I am sure when you have your little one.
that is a funny story about your nap. that would freak me out too.

Tara said...

YEAH-only one more week! I wish (kinda) that I could say the same thing! I am freaked out by having 3 but at the same time, I am already too tired to be prego anymore! SLEEP_COME HERE PLEASE!
Call me if you need anything!

gay said...

I'm ready when you are. I can't wait. I love to clean house.

kelly said...

Thanks Gay - I have a great MIL!!!

Shauna said...

Josh was born on Oct 3rd, so I kind of hope you make it until then too! :) What an awesome MIL you have - can I borrow her sometime?