Sunday, May 16, 2010

Technical Help Anyone?

Ok, so I am still computer illiterate despite what I may tend to portray. I need help! I don't know why but for months now when writing a new post I don't have the icon options on the toolbar to let me choose font, size, color, etc and it is totally buggin me! How can I post "favorite things" properly? I know you're all dying for that one to come back :) So, if anyone is smarter than me and can help I'd appreciate!

Ok, the other question I have is for moms everywhere: I have the least patience for messes. Don't get me wrong, if you know me you know my house is far from spotless most of the time. However, I do try and it drives me completely insane to clean the kitchen top to bottom only to have it thrashed after one meal. Crumbs, spills, food everywhere! I am always so cranky after dinner. Is there an easier way, or do I have to learn to accept that sweeping and mopping after every freaking meal is the only way. Comments and advice appreciated :)

5 comments:

Heidi said...

I wish I had some magical advice to give you, but I've just come to accept the fact that I'm bound to my kitchen. You get it spotless, and then serve and it's a mess. I guess we're bound to clean up after every meal. On of the joys of being a mom I guess. I didn't know we signed up for so many jobs when we became moms.

Tricia said...

Kelly - I am so like you with messes. It has taken many years to get me to the point where I don't get upset. I just leave the kitchen after the meals and hope that maybe a child might kick in or husband:). I am a lot happier when I just let my house be "lived in" - my husband can attest to this. Good luck - it is a lot easier to train your children to clean up after themselves after meals when they are younger than when they are older- There definitely is a way to find a great balance there.

kelly said...

Thanks for your feedback! Funny, but hearing that I'm not alone helps me come to terms with it all. I'm crazy if the house is a mess, but if I'm always cleaning it makes me crazy! Anyone else?

Cherish said...

Like you once said on your blog "trying to clean your home while your children are growing is like shoveling snow while it is still snowing." or something to that effect. I LOVE it, it is my favorite quote ever.!!

Tara said...

Accept it! It's inevitable and I'm done going ape crazy after every meal! Just let it be and clean it up. Sorry for the downer.